Have you ever thought of sharing your secrets, how to win? Our DevOps leaders have crafted some games where we work together to assess DevOps winning strategies. We invite you to co-create outcome through DevOps and have fun together! Introducing Maximize your score, DevOps Pipeline and Byte Ground Lite, DevOps Game.
Starting Nov 8th more than 500 leaders from DevOps business, technology and start-up communities will come together virtually from 15+ countries to build a dialog and advance the next frontier of DevOps. Each day in the two-day program will have in-depth focus on future perspective, forward-thinking talks, outlining concreate ideas and pathways
Introducing new ways to learn together in a collective ecosystem is exciting! Let’s take a quick look on the two sessions which helps us steer DevOps thinking one step further.
Maximize your score – DevOps pipeline
The fundamental principle of DevOps is the continuous delivery (CD) of value. Development teams can automate the process and ensure quality and safety for continuous compliance by architecting and building Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
A mindset shift is required to achieve the necessary level of reliability and performance of our pipeline. We must treat our pipeline is like our end product; hence the quality of our pipeline needs to be on the top and always be evaluated. The idea is to start small and start using a pipeline scorecard to measure your pipeline performance and growth.
This workshop will help you navigate this new approach to creating a CI/CD pipeline with a scorecard. In particular, you will learn about:
- Why must we have a DevOps pipelines scorecard?
- How to build quality in the CI/CD system with a scorecard to cope with growing CD adoption in your organization?
- How to use pipeline scorecard and ensuring your CI/CD is resilient, performant, and scalable.
Who you expect to meet:
- SRE, IT Professionals
- DevOps Engineers
- DevOps Architects
How do you prepare:
- Laptop with at least 8 GB RAM
- VirtualBox installed, see instructions to install here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Vagrant installed; see instructions to install here: https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html (only if using Windows 10 or Windows 8 Pro)
- Disable Hyper-V, see instructions to disable here: https://www.poweronplatforms.com/enable-disable-hyper-v-windows-10-8/
- GitHub account.
Byte Ground Lite – DevOps Game
The essence of the game is to execute IT pipelines (both SDLC and ITSM); the pipelines will be enhanced at each stage (there are 4 stages); improvements will be visible at end of each stage as metrics get updated and displayed. The game has been played by multiple organizations (and individuals, even academics) both online and offline (we used to conduct sessions in-person pre-COVID)
Who you can expect to meet at the session:
Any number of people can participate from Developers, DevOps Engineers, SRE, Management professionals to ITSM Teams, everyone is invited, given that the game will be played standalone by each participant entirely online; highly scalable, does not require active collaboration across participants
Game rules will be covered by me at the beginning of the game play, and if anyone has any query thereafter during the session in brief:
- There are 4 stages or rounds; IT landscape consists of a set of applications, and infrastructure on-premise (round 1)
- Participants have to pick up tickets from the rolling ticket queue (3 ticket types – changes or fixes, incidents, high severity incidents)
- Participant has to resolve at least 3 tickets each round with the last one being a high severity ticket to jump to next round
- Pipelines in round 1 simulates waterfall across Dev, QA, Ops or ITSM teams
- Pipelines in round 2 add on in-sprint automation, TDD and test automation (Agile Dev)
- Pipelines in round 3 add on cloud infra and service-based apps, infra and release automation (Agile Ops)
- Pipelines in round 4 add on ITSM automation (AIOps) and chaos tests, gradually leading to autonomous pipelines Participants end up with any of the 3 badges: Workhorse, Rockstar, The Yogi
How do you prepare:
Pre-requisites include a laptop/ desktop with internet connection; game will be hosted on itch.io, hence the site should be given permission for access from participant’s computer, b. Programming is replaced by simple maths problem solving; hence, participants may use a calculator during game play
As DevOps Summit agenda unfolds we bring more information on the schedule, meanwhile you can subscribe to our social channels to remain updated. This time we have limited number of seats, so register before spots are available, registrations are open!